No recipe for this one, because
I think I'll dedicate this post to the beauty that is the pickled gherkin, and let's throw in a spicy jalapeno as well. I always ask for extra in my subs, sandwiches and burritos. Combined with crunchy iceberg lettuce, I don't think there's anything more one could ask for. I certainly don't. It's so fresh and bursting with flavor that I think any such bread with filling combo would top my list of what one food I would eat for the rest of my life. It inspires me. So much so that once, I wrote a review (anonymously) that perfectly captures what I feel and (tsk, tsk) who I am:
'No, I don't want anything', I insisted. So my partner went ahead and got himself a veg burrito and placed it carefully in the fridge that night. The next morning, I woke up starving. The silver foil shone enticingly and being a believer of fate, I reached out and grabbed the damn thing.
Knife in hand, I went back in and cut myself one quarter of the burrito- coz my parents raised me right. I know what's fair and what's not. I ate it. It was..... I'm not a weird-sound-making person when it comes to food, but I made 'em. Many of 'em.
I looked at him. He was sleeping. Partners in life, I told myself as I cut another quarter. It disappeared, along with my righteous upbringing. I peered at him for a couple of seconds to make sure he wasn't showing signs of regaining consciousness. If he had, I planned to use the pillow.
When I threw the foil in the trash a few minutes later, I felt cheated. What kind of man doesn't buy another burrito for his woman, even if she insists? I need to rethink this relationship. But I know where I stand with (brand) burritos. We've mated for life.



No comments:
Post a Comment