Monday, August 8, 2016

I'm Back, Baby...with Stuffed Peppers




7 years it's been. So much has happened since then! I've become a teacher, had a real relationship, lost my father, worked in Bangkok - basically, I've become the wreck that is the typical adult. So why am I back to food blogging, of all things? Especially when I have a personal blog that I vent in? I'm not sure, really. Food has never stopped being special, even when I wasn't cooking all that much. Maybe it's another way of sharing who I am, apart from words, that is. Or maybe it's not so profound and I just decided to stop being lazy and get of my bum. I've gone into the importance of the bum over at Blah, Blah, Bloo. Coming to which, both that name and the updated 'Plop the Slop' should not be taken as pure whimsy. Self-deprecating humor is just another added bonus of the disaster that is me. Yay! 

So, Stuffed Peppers, or Capsicum, as we call 'em here. One of my favorite dishes, and well worth the prep time. The best part is that it is even better after a night in the fridge. 

Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients

Corn- 1/4 cup
Carrot - 1/4 cup, chopped into small bits
Peas- 1/4 cup
Cooked Rice- 2 tbsps
Cauliflower- 5 to 6 large florets.
Garlic- 1 clove
Peppers - 3 large

Ketchup/ Pizza Sauce
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
Chill Flakes
Oil, for brushing

Method

Boil the corn, carrot and peas with a bit of salt in a little water, until the water evaporates. Add cooked rice to this. Pulse the cauliflower a few times in a blender and cook that with a chopped clove of garlic with a dash of oil. Combine with the cooked veggies and rice. This constitutes the stuffing.

Crumble the paneer (cottage cheese).

Wash the peppers, core them, cut in half, brush the outside with oil and fill them with the stuffing right up to the brim. Then pack on the crumbled paneer and press firmly. Brush a glob of ketchup onto each, sprinkle liberally with oregano, chilli flakes and pepper. 

Bake @ 180 C for 45 minutes.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment