Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And so it begins.

I've been cooking for quite a while now- it all started when I went on a major weight loss plan and I had to find ways to cook food that was light and healthy. We have traditional Indian food here at home, day in and day out. So not only was I focused on losing weight, I also wanted to experience different flavor combinations. I guess I was getting bored.

My plans worked and I have lost weight- I'm fit and healthy now. The unexpected bonus was discovering my interest in cooking and baking. I can safely say I'm hooked!

Since then my recipe file has been growing in leaps and bounds. I wanted to stick to the old fashioned way of having a recipe collection on paper. I love my recipe file- its one of those things I'd grab if my house was on fire. (There seem to be too many things on that list!) But I've been toying with the idea of a food blog of late. With a new camera and the daily dose of inspiration I receive from the truly sensational food blogs out there, I've decided to jump in! So here it is- When Mia Cooks!  
*Update, 2/12/2013: To reflect my personality transplant, my blog is now called 'Plop the Slop!' ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment